The development intern will learn what it takes to attract and manage donors, funders, and partners. The role is designed for individuals who seek a career in fundraising, or a role that requires building networks, and will benefit from practical experience. Candidates must be passionate about promoting world-changing ideas with donors, academics, international development organizations, and foundations.
The development internship is designed to provide an excellent opportunity for interns to explore how relationships and networks are managed. Interns must be creative, curious, and detail oriented. They need to enjoy writing, researching, and the challenge of managing development campaigns and events.
● Tackle development projects as assigned by supervisor (including research, writing, events, participating in meetings, etc.)
● Collaborate with other teams within CCI on new and existing projects
● Manage fundraising campaigns and events
● Attend team meetings and brainstorming sessions regularly
● Enjoy reading extensively and undertake learning assignments on international development, economics, urbanization and leadership
● Bring an entrepreneurial mindset and a sense of humor
Undergraduate/Graduate student of International Development or other related fields
Skye Lawrence – Head of Development
Katie Patschke – Communications Associate
CCI offers $2,500 for the 3-month period, to be paid in two installments at the midpoint and end of the internship.
What Will Success Look Like
At the end of the internship, the intern should have gained practical development skills, while having a strong understanding of charter cities. They should have the competence to take on development projects from start to finish. They will acquire adaptive knowledge to understand the various aspects of an organization and how to communicate ideas internally and externally. Our internship program supports interns to be exceptional - intellectually and professionally.
Applicants must submit a Resume & Cover Letter