About the Charter Cities Institute Fall Internship Program
The Charter Cities Institute is a non-profit research organization focused on empowering new cities with better governance to lift tens of millions of people out of poverty.
We are a team of researchers, developers, communicators and more, committed to building the ecosystem for charter cities by:
- Creating legal, regulatory, and planning frameworks;
- Advising and convening key stakeholders including governments, new city developers, and multilateral institutions;
- Influencing the global agenda through research, engagement, and partnerships
We are now accepting applications for our Fall Internship program.
Research Intern Job Description
The research intern role is designed for individuals who have a passion for research and are interested in a broad range of topics including Economics, Law, Governance, Public Policy, International Development, and related subjects. Research interns will be engaged in multiple projects dedicated to creating the best practices for charter cities. Interns will also receive career mentorship and academic guidance from our research staff.
• Completing research projects as assigned by supervisor
• Punctuality and regularity at team meetings and brainstorming sessions
• Commitment to reading and learning assignments
• Innovation and an entrepreneurial mindset
Jeff Mason – Researcher
The CCI internship is unpaid, however, the company will offer a $2,500 internship completion award at the end of the internship period.
What Success Will Look Like
At the end of the internship, the intern will have demonstrated the competence and capacity to complete a large research project from start to finish. The intern will learn how to conduct research efficiently and to translate that research into original written work. The intern will develop an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset as much of CCI’s work is an advisory capacity or is related to new, unexplored ideas. This internship program will make participants better students and better prepared to enter their chosen professional field.
Please apply within, or with an email to email@example.com, including a resume, cover letter, transcript, and relevant work samples.