About the Charter Cities Institute Fall Internship Program
The Charter Cities Institute is a non-profit research organization focused on empowering new cities with better governance to lift tens of millions of people out of poverty.
We are a team of researchers, developers, communicators and more, committed to building the ecosystem for charter cities by:
- Creating legal, regulatory, and planning frameworks;
- Advising and convening key stakeholders including governments, new city developers, and multilateral institutions;
- Influencing the global agenda through research, engagement, and partnerships
We are now accepting applications for our Fall Internship program.
Urban Research & Planning Intern Job Description
The urban planning intern will learn how to create sustainable urban plans for charter cities. The role is designed for individuals who seek a career in urban planning and urban development. Candidates must be interested in working with new effective cities and urban research. This internship is designed to provide an excellent opportunity for interns to understand the idea of charter cities and how to think about creating excellent cities to foster sustainable growth and improve the standard of living. Interns must be creative, open minded and be willing to take on the challenge of working on new planning and urban research projects.
• Urban planning projects as assigned by supervisor
• Coordination with the research team to learn the vital aspects of city economics and legal issues affecting the plan
• Punctuality & regularity at team meetings and brainstorming sessions
• Commitment to reading and learning assignments
• Innovation & an entrepreneurial mindset
• Excellent verbal communication and analytical skills
• Create, prepare, or requisition graphic and narrative reports.
• Research projects on different aspects of urbanism and cities
• Knowledge of urban spatial structure, master plans and the way in which cities work
• Experience/ knowledge in plan-making and city evolution
Excellent command of 2D Drawings programs; AutoCAD or similar programs
Excellent command of 3D Modeling programs; 3D-MAX, sketch up or similar programs
Excellent command of Photoshop, InDesign and illustrator
A bachelor or masters student of urban planning
Heba Elhanafy – Lead, Urban Planning
The CCI internship is unpaid, however, the company will offer a $2,500 internship completion award at the end of the internship period.
What Success Will Look Like:
At the end of the internship, the intern should have the competence to take on a large urban planning projects from start to finish. They should have an excellent knowledge of charter cities and the various ways to achieve their goals through sustainable urban planning. Interns must also show heightened level of deductive reasoning and innovation. Ultimately, our internship program will make the intern a better student, with better grades, and better prepared to take on the professional world.
Please apply within or by email to email@example.com, including a resume, cover letter, transcript, and relevant work samples