Job Posting: Project Lead (Honduras)
Purpose: To help design and implement the legal system for a Honduran new city development.
The Project Lead will be embedded with the new city development team in Honduras to develop their legal framework. This is a unique opportunity to create a legal system from scratch. The responsibilities include researching labor law, taxation, business registration, and other realms of law with the aim of developing a legal framework that makes this new city development the best place to do business in Central America. The Project Lead will also help establish the administrative entities necessary to enforce the legal framework.
Responsibilities of Project Lead:
- Lead development of the legal framework for the new city development
- Consult with various experts on how to establish a legal system from scratch
- Research best practices of different legal systems around the world
- Coordinate with the new city development team on research and implementation of the legal framework
- Work with CCI team on the development of legal framework
- Development of the administrative entities to enforce the legal framework, including labor law, tax administration, business registration, police, etc
- Lead staffing and training of administrative agencies
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years work experience
- Ability to speak Spanish (preferred)
- Work in management consulting, finance, or another fast-paced, wide-ranging environment preferred
- Strong interest and knowledge of governance
- Willingness to relocate to Honduras (essential)
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to complete complex projects on tight deadlines and successfully juggle multiple projects at once
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Entrepreneurial ability and interest in figuring out solutions to new challenges
- Strong presentation skills
- Passion for charter cities
The Charter Cities Institute expects colleagues to work hard, including some nights and weekends when necessary, not because you have to, but because you're passionate about charter cities and making the world a better place. We enjoy tackling big challenges and figuring out new problems. and recognize that it takes hard work to build something great.
- $65,000 to $80,000 + health insurance
Please send a cover letter and resume to Emmanuel@cci.city.